|Chicken Mug Pie|
I'll wait. Go ahead....
Well that sounds [insert appropriate adjective].
OK my turn. Chris and I had so much going on throughout the holidays that we knew we would have to squeeze in quality time together wherever we could, so on one particularly chilly night, I made us some chicken mug pie. Originally a Rachael Ray recipe, but I've worked it over to make it the easiest chicken pot pie you'll ever eat.
What you'll need:
- 1 tube jumbo biscuits
- Sweet paprika, for sprinkling
- 2 packages of pre-cooked grilled chicken breast (like Perdue or Tyson)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup of pre-cut celery
- 1 cup of frozen, diced onion
- 1 12oz bag of mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Adobo all-purpose seasoning or poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen shredded potatoes, ready to cook hash browns from the freezer aisle
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 quart chicken stock
What's about to get dirty:
1 large pot
1 wooden spoon
+1 sheet pan lined with wax paper
What to do:
Prep biscuits according to package directions on pan, sprinkle with paprika before putting them in the oven, continue to cook according to package directions.
In a large pot, melt the butter, add your chicken just to heat it up. Then add veggies. Season and cook through. Sprinkle the flour on top and cook for 2 minutes. Add potatoes, half and half, and chicken stock. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the soup is thick.
And that's it! Scoop into a mug, top with a biscuit and enjoy!
Yum! What do you guys like to make on cold nights?